Hunter Home Modifications is a not for profit community based organisation in Newcastle that provides timely, practical and high quality services that promote a client centered approach, choice, and lifestyle. Our purpose is to make a difference to the lives of people we assist allowing them to remain living safely in their own homes for as long as they are able.
We have over 30 years experience in prescription building and in that time we have assisted many elderly and people with disabilities in achieving a quality of lifestyle and level of independence that they thought was beyond their reach.
How We Operate
Hunter Home Modifications is funded through the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) which is a Federal Government program providing subsidised services for people over 65 years of age or over 50 years of age for Aboriginal/Torres Straight Islander descent. We also provide our services to people with disabilities through the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
Hunter Home Modifications is operated by a Board of Management. Directors include clients, carers, interested community members and local professionals. Hunter Home Modifications operates five (5) days a week, Monday through to Friday, 8.00AM to 4.00PM.
The Hunter Home Modifications team is passionate about assisting people and improving their lives through Home Modifications and the installation of assistive technologies.
The philosophy at Hunter Home Modifications is:
- To promote each person’s opportunity to maximise their capacity and quality of life
- To provide services tailored to the unique circumstance and cultural preference of each person, their carers and family
- To ensure choice and control of are optimised for each person, their families and carers
- Supporting community and civic participation that provide valued roles, a sense of purpose and personal confidence
- To provide appropriate workforce training and development.